Monday 20 April 2015

This Is Not the End



The last few weeks have been tough. Grieving friends, sick kids, disappointments, words that hurt, and circumstances far beyond my control – all compounded by that perpetual tiredness that just sits there, making everything seem so much worse than it probably is.

Joy seems hard to reach, people are hard to love, and my faith gets shaky.

But there is always hope.

Sometimes it’s a fire inside me – a cozy place to snuggle beside and savour dreams. Sometimes it’s small – the wavering single flame of a candle barely even strong enough to shed light. And sometimes, it’s barely even visible – a tiny flicker, so small I can’t even find it until someone else points it out.

But it’s always there, because God is.

And not just any God, but the one who cares, the one who can do the impossible.

I read a quote a few months ago which said this:

“In the end, God wins. If God hasn’t won, it’s not the end.” (Unknown)

I love that.

I have hope because I know that no matter how tough a situation may seem, it’s not the end. God is still working. And God is still winning.

There is hope, because there is God.
 
For those of you going through tough times at the moment, know that I'm praying for you. For courage, for faith, that you would know God's love and comfort, but mostly that you would know hope. You are not alone, you are not forgotten.
 
And this is not the end.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment